TITLE ATTORNEY- Paragon Title
TITLE ATTORNEY: Paragon Title is looking to add a new member to our team who has high level knowledge regarding title insurance underwriting, identification and resolution of title issues; someone who loves to roll up their sleeves up and solve real estate title issues, tax issues and all types of settlement related issues. The candidate must have a high-level ability to review title reports, surveys, title commitments and title policies, to identify issues and resolve them. This attorney should have 7-10 years’ concentrated experience working for either a DC or Montgomery County, MD Title Company, with a strong focus on DC, be tech savvy, with high energy and a great work ethic and be admitted in DC and preferably MD, too (although not required). Commercial and builder experience a big plus.
Send resumes in confidence to: email@example.com
7415 Arlington Road, Bethesda MD 20814
Fidelity National Title-National Commercial Services/ DC – NATIONAL COMMERCIAL SERVICES (NCS) COORDINATOR – Washington, DC
Under general supervision of a National Commercial Services Manager, NCS Counsel or Accounts Administrator,
performs all phases of processing complex single site, multi-site, multi-state title insurance orders for transactions
involving high liability or commercial transactions, from solicitation to closing; to place, track, and receive/export
national orders, overseeing all phases of the process, as well as support sales and underwriters by completing related
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Solicits, opens, processes, and closes multi-state, multi-property and individual title insurance orders that vary
from simple to complex.
2. Performs routine and complex closings for assigned and directly placed orders, following procedures and
instructions that vary with transaction and customer. Closing duties may involve ordering title work and
mortgage statements, preparing settlement statements, forwarding closing package to appropriate parties,
recording documents, holding escrow funds, ordering title policy, etc.
3. Coordinates bidding process and placement of national orders with issuing office, headquarters and customer.
Processes orders in accordance with customer’s instructions, prevailing underwriting procedures and
4. Opens escrow accounts; invests funds in interest bearing account; receives and disburses funds, following
escrow agreements and settlement statements. Initiates and receives necessary wire transfers.
5. Corresponds with transaction principals to coordinate national title insurance orders and assures orders
comply with customer and lender instructions. Answers customers’ questions and informs customers of title
commitment requirements, availability of coverage, closing procedures, premiums, etc.
6. Compiles and generates invoices. Coordinates payment and funding to other offices and other service
providers as necessary.
7. Contacts customers in person and by telephone to maintain favorable relationships and to provide information
about company services.
8. Completes periodic reports as requested, e.g. monthly order reports listing files opened and the policy
9. May train and direct work of lower level national service staff or others performing relatedwork.
TECHNICAL JOB SKILLS:
1. Oversee processing of all phases of order placement.
2. Scan, label, upload all documents to SoftPro and SmartView.
3. Track commitments and documents on single-site and multi-site deals.
4. Follow up consistently and appropriately (email, phone).
5. Convert .pdf title commitments to Word documents as needed.
6. Properly document files so that co-workers may service the customer efficiently.
7. Utilize the server and store all transaction information where appropriate.
8. Understand and use RamQuest, SmarView, Outlook, Excel, Word, and other company software
9. Meet Management deadlines to satisfaction (commitments, pro forma policies, policies, docs,
local order numbers, open & closed steps).10. Support other departments with key customers and deals.
11. Work with staff and manager to develop workflows and tracking reports.
12. Perform all other office functions as needed.
13. Refer appropriate information and feedback to Manager and/or Sales Rep.
14. Assist with building and maintaining a customer following.
15. Respond to all customer requests within 4 hours.
16. Adhere to all customer service committee guidelines.
1. Be a genuine team player – offer to assist and accept requests to assist.
2. Keep an open mind when listening to customers and co-workers.
3. Always be even tempered with customers and co-workers.
4. Have a positive attitude.
5. Work with a variety of personalities.
6. Appreciate diverse background of staff and customers.
7. Extend common courtesy and respect to everyone.
8. Be willing to grow and improve with the job at all times.
9. Identify issues and understand the parameters of the issues before you make thedecisions.
10. Make well-reasoned decisions independently, considering all pertinent factors.
11. Refer customer issues to other employees as necessary but only after conducting proper research
to avoid unnecessary inconvenience or job disruption.
Christopher Naughten firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Vice President – NCS Operations Manager
Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company
Chicago Title Insurance Company
National Commercial Services|D.C.|Richmond
Settlement Processor Position with Standard Title Group
Standard Title Group, LLC is seeking an EXPERIENCED Real Estate/Settlement Processor to join our growing team! The winning candidate will ideally possess a strong background in commercial and residential real estate closings. Experience with real estate developer acquisitions and condominium conversion-related transactions a bonus.
- Examine and clear requirements on title commitments and lender closing instructions
- Provide constant communication with real estate agents, lenders, mortgage brokers and clients
- Order, review and disclose matters on surveys, lien letters and estoppels
- Prepare, under the supervision of the attorneys, closing statements, Deeds, Affidavits and other settlement documents;
- Prepare Closing Disclosures/HUDs in concert with Lenders
- At least two (2) years of experience as a real estate/settlement processor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Licensed Title Agent a bonus
- Qualia Settlement software experience a bonus
Standard Title Group, LLC is a boutique, privately-owned, rapidly- growing company offering a full range of title insurance and real estate settlement services. STG is one of the premier firms in the District of Columbia specializing in the area of condominium conversions and complex real estatate developer transactions. For this reason, STG is the preferred title company for numerous real estate developers and lenders in the DC Metro area.
STG offers a safe and stable work environment in newly renovated, state of the art offices conveniently located in Dupont Circle. Salary is commensurate with the candidate’s work experience with compensation to include a processing fee for every successfully closed file and spot bonuses based on individual performance. We offer a generous benefit package including, travel/parking allowance, employee matching 401K Retirement Plan, Healthcare Saving Accounts, Medical Insurance and Paid Time off including all Federal Holidays.
For more information please visit our website at: www.standardtg.com
Please send your resume to the email address provided.
CPA with over 20 years experience in various industries seeks a position as an Assistant Controller/Accounting Director with a company in the Washington DC area. Job duties to perform consist of preparing financial statements, identifying and preventing discrepancies, set up control systems, and prepare the various tax forms and help the organization meet all financial regulatory obligations. This CPA is well versed in various accounting systems, including SAP and QuickBooks, and enjoys learning new software and looks to find ways to streamline all facets of financial operations. He is also a Certified Management Accountant and Certified Financial Manager.
Chris Peden, CPA, CMA, CFM